In 1833, the building was “the old Williams Factory,” in the business of carding wool from local sheep herds. We named our first single-barrel bourbon “1833” to commemorate beginnings.
Then, in 1870, the CME Church of Winchester acquired the property and installed church windows, chandeliers, and other fittings. It was a worship space for 56 years.
The building, consisting of a church and parsonage, was then sold to Ernest Jordan in 1926 and became the Jordan Battery and Electric Company until the 1980’s. During this time an addition was made creating the back room where our stills are now located.
Several decades ago, the property was purchased by the City and used for storage by Parks and Recreation.
By 2015 the building was in structural disrepair, condemned, and on the docket for demolition.Wildcat Willy’s to the rescue! We founded the distillery in 2016, closed on the property in early 2017, and went to work. Almost three years later, we opened Wildcat Willy’s Distillery, Bar, and Farm-to-table restaurant, giving the Old Williams Factory its fifth life.